Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Dell Inspiron R.I.P.

My laptop, a lovely Dell Inspiron I recieved as a gift from my in-laws at the beginning of law school, has passed away. It died from a direct hit of 32 ounces of tap water. The Geek Squad is pulling the data off it as we speak.
Here you can see my laptop's screen saver screen in the back left corner, behind the glamorous new addition to our household, David's CSUF Dell Inspiron 1420
with an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, T5550 @ 1.83 GHz. I.83 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM, 74.5 GB hard drive, rewritable DVD drive, and an integrated
webcam.

I'm seriously depressed about losing my laptop. It was a steadfast friend all through law school and starting out in the real world. And now I'm in this new place where I don't know anyone and I've lost my companion.

So now I have to trick out ye olde desktop computer to my liking. Gotta strip off all the excess baggage and load up my camera software, which I'm having trouble locating. Gotta download Mozilla Firefox . . . or should I try Chrome? Any suggestions for pimping my computer?

Click here to return to Gnomicon home page

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no computer-pimping suggestions, aside from photos of your dogs Photoshopped to be wearing fedoras and ties.

A moment of silence for the laptop. No computer could take a hit like that and keep on trucking.