Sunday, May 04, 2008

Field Trips in Fiber is Made of Awesome

Many moons ago one of the quilty blogs I regularly read referred to another quilty blog: Field Trips in Fiber. I read through the older posts and immediately bookmarked it. It's written by a woman in Virginia who quilts, dyes, and does surface embellishment. Nine times out of ten she posts about those topics and when she doesn't it's gorgeous pictures, lately of the birds who nest in her yard. (I love that one of my criteria for a good blog is staying on topic for the most part . . . guess we don't fit my own criteria very well). Also, I haven't found another craft blogger who shares Consumer Reports-esque product/technique tests like Vicki does (e.g., she performed an in-depth analysis of curing fabric paint).

Well, I was out of town for most of last week so I had to catch up on all of the blogs that I normally check daily on Friday and Saturday (it's a lot of blogs, and I'd missed a weeks worth of posts). I came across a post offering a give away at Field Trips in Fiber. I looked at those boxes and thought about some of the boxes I've received from online quilt shops and thought, "These folks are guessing way too low." So I left a comment with a guess. I don't know how I feel about my first comment on her blog being a comment for a give away. I'd like to say I have insightful things to share about her posts every day. I certainly get inspired every day. She shares so much great knowledge and experience I guess as a novice I don't feel I have much to add (e.g., her curing time tests for fabric dye). And she explains things so clearly I don't have any questions (e.g., her fabric dyeing gradient test).

Long story longer, I got an email and check out today's post at Field Trips in Fiber. I won!

Click here to return to Gnomicon home page

1 comments:

Vicki W said...

Wow Sarah, I'm blushing! Thank you for the kind words. Your fabrics will be in the mail to you tomorrow!