Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Baking: Rustic Cyprus-Style Herbed Olive Bread


Some people would enter the world of bread baking with a basic, classic recipe. Me, I started with Rustic Cyprus-Style Herbed Olive Bread from Nancy Baggett's (real name, I think not) book Kneadlessly Simple: Fabulous, Fuss-Free, No-Knead Breads, which I spied on Serious Eats.
True Story: I stopped my mixer while putting together the ingredients for this recipe so I could hear the radio. On the radio Jacki Lyden, of All Things Considered, was making bread with Nancy Baggett. Literally, I had JUST added iced water to the other ingredients AS Nancy explained to Jacki WHY the water needs to be iced. CRAZY.

Oh, yeah, and this bread is SO good. Think I can swing weekly bread baking?

Click here to return to Gnomicon home page

0 comments: