Saturday, May 22, 2010

CSA Pick-up

 



I chose curly kale, collard greens, carrots, breakfast radishes, one purple and one green kohlrabi and a handful of baby squash. I was jealous of Sarah's flowers, so I picked up some sweet pea flowers for myself. I meant to get lettuce, but I was rushing to get back home before Dexter woke up and was distracted by the different varieties of kale, that I forgot. Hopefully they'll have some next week. Now that my CSA has a pick-up location closer to me, if I drive, I can be back home within 15 minutes. It's also a nice walk if Dexter insists on coming along.
Posted by Picasa

Click here to return to Gnomicon home page

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I made the peanut sauce with the kale and it was yummy.

I cooked the collards with some bacon fat and Frank's Hot Sauce.

The rest of the produce is in the fridge. I need to wash the carrots and radishes so we actually eat them.

Sarah said...

I just made a recipe our CSA folks suggested that uses both kohrabi and radishes.

Kohlrabi Slaw

Ingredients
2 small kohlrabi
1 cup radish
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions
1. Peel kohlrabi and trim radishes.
2. Shred the kohlrabi and radishes. (I used the shredding disc in the Cuisinart for this)
3. Mix vinegar, sugar, and parsley in a glass bowl. Whisk in olive oil.
4. Add shredded veggies and toss.
5. Chill for 30 minutes or more.

Rebecca said...

I make the slaw just now. It looks awesome. We'll have it with hamburgers and sweet potato fries tonight (if Dexter allows it.)