Monday, May 17, 2010

Berry Season

My berry CSA started the year with strawberries and asparagus. I split my share with a friend because this CSA is expensive because we get a lot of organic berries. This last week the share was 6 quarts of strawberries (so I ended up with 3 quarts.) We ate most of them, but I cooked one quart with a little sugar made strawberry yogurt.

From berries




From berries



This was my second attempt at yogurt. The first time I made it, I made plain and it was pretty tart. This time, the strawberry goo balanced the tartness, but it made the yogurt a little thin. I didn't follow the directs for fruit yogurt because I wanted to make 'fruit on the bottom' but next time I'll try mixing the fruit in the yogurt base.


From berries


Click here to return to Gnomicon home page

0 comments: