Monday, May 16, 2011

May's Au Lait du Mois: Mascarpone

This post breaks the first rule of blogging: Show, don't tell. The camera was just too far from my grasp in the few moments I had to make May's Au Lait Du Mois, so you'll just have to suffer with a photo-less post. Trust me when I say, it looked like cream cheese, but tasted sweeter and less tangy

Not only do I have no pictures for you, but the recipe is a bit of a cop out on the heels of Creme Fraiche. Really you just make Creme Fraiche and then ladle it into a colander lined with butter muslin to drain for 6 to 10 hours in the fridge. That's it.

The booklet that comes with Ricki Carroll's Gourmet Home Dairy Kit contains a recipe for Mascarpone Cheesecake, which inspired me to make Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes with my mascarpone. They were delectable.

Previous Au Lait du Mois:

Click here to return to Gnomicon home page

0 comments: