Monday, January 10, 2011

Grandma's 90th Birthday

 


I'm a little out of practice, but I couldn't let my grandmother's 90th birthday go by without a cake.



I found this cake in an old (1986) Wilton cake decorating book. It was supposed to be made with a 3D Christmas tree pan, but that pan is discontinued. I found an egg pan, which was basically the right shape (and will hopefully make a good Mukmuk cake for a certain little guy's first birthday.) I think it worked well, but the egg pan is intented to make a sideways egg, not an upright egg, so there is lots of frosting and sticks holding the cake together. The beak and hat are ice cream cones with royal frosting.

 


The cake survived the drive to the restaurant!


 


The restaurant served the cake with flaming wings. It turned out well.


Posted by Picasa

Click here to return to Gnomicon home page

0 comments: