Wednesday, June 23, 2010

CSA - Start of Summer

 


I got my first tomato this week! Also, (not pictured) there was eggplant. I selected a lot of kale as well. I wanted more kale chips for my incessant snacking needs and more peanut sauce kale. I used up the last of my canned tomatoes from last summer to make a eggplant/tomato/olive pasta sauce.



 


There was also radicchio this week and it was awesome. It's not as red and hard as store bought, but it had a nice bitterness and was perfect for our purposes. We had a salad with homemade blue cheese dressing, pecans and dried cranberries. Yummy.



 


The berries this week were outstanding. The extreme heat is good for something - the berries are sweet. I bought some peaches this week and some apricots last week - I don't know if they will have enough for the CSA share so I didn't want to miss out.


Click here to return to Gnomicon home page

0 comments: