Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Year . . . Like Two Weeks Ago

So it's a new year here at Wiemanomicon. Technically a whole new decade. As you can see from the date of the previous post, we've been collectively slacking off more than a bit. Life is HAPPENING, people, out THERE in the REAL world (for those not in the know, note the NUMEROUS updates to the Parenting Resources post). But I've got some crazy blog ideas that I want to float by y'all.

I got not one but TWO cookbooks for Hanukkah/Christmas/Solstice/Kwanzaa/New Year in 2009. First, from co-blogger Rebecca, The Ultimate Chocolate Cookie Book: From Chocolate Melties to Whoopie Pies, Chocolate Biscotti to Black and Whites, with Dozens of Chocolate Chip Cookies and Hundreds More by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough. Second, from friend Leah, Martha Stewart's Cupcakes: 175 Inspired Ideas for Everyone's Favorite Treat. Do y'all really think I eat nothing but cookies and cupcakes? I eat really healthy, dammit! Those cookies and cupcakes are made with ALL organic ingredients. :)

Anywhoodle, to keep my hand in the game or whatever the metaphor is, I thought I might post once a month about my experience baking a recipe from the The Ultimate Chocolate Cookie Book. And, in a fit of originality, post once a month about my experience baking a recipe from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes. I feel like I need some sort of structure and deadline to keep me on the blog and in the kitchen. I was pretty good about keeping up with Furrdays for awhile when I set that goal of posting a dog picture once a week.

Thoughts?

Click here to return to Gnomicon home page

2 comments:

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

I like the idea! I'm always on the lookout for a new cookie recipe to make for the math tea. I've been in a lazy mood lately and not wanted to be too adventuresome.

By the way, I tried the NYT chocolate chip cookies again with my new oven. They worked much better. I'm still not sure that they are worth the extra time and I think that I actually like the flavor of the Tollhouse dough better. But, these were a much better texture than when I made them in the old oven. And I do like the bittersweet chocolate chips no matter what recipe I use, that was definitely a good discovery.